Special Needs Chair
Swinging is one of the greatest joys of childhood, and for those with limited mobility or special needs, our hanging chairs can help both children and adults relax and enjoy the soothing, rhythmic motion of a swing. Our chairs can comfortably hold a parent and child together, or cradle a small child alone. We have now developed 2 seatbelt options, a 5 point harness and wide vinyl sash, both detachable and adjustable.
Swinging can assist with
- Sensory Stimulation – particularly vestibular and proprioceptive, aiding the development of balance, co-ordination, eye control, spacial orientation and attention
- Engagement – Swinging your child can encourage eye contact, holding the child in the swing is a fun bonding activity
- Fun – unstructured play and the joy that brings
- Freedom – particularly for those with limited mobility, they are able to swing or spin in any direction
- Relaxation – anxiety release